During the season, you may be asked by your team to keep score. This could be either for the team or Official Scorebook. As the Official Scorekeeper for William S. Hart Pony Baseball & Softball, it is my responsibility to make sure this is as pleasant experience as possible for all involved. Therefore, the league offers you a choice of keeping score yourself or hiring an Official Scorekeeper through the league.
For those who wish to pay for a league scorekeeper:
- You are responsible for securing an official scorekeeper for all home games. The cost will be $30 per game for both baseball & softball.
- A minimum of 72 hours is required to guarantee you a scorekeeper. Contact Gaelynne Gregg at [email protected] to request a scorekeeper.
To keep score in the official book, you MUST be able to properly fill out and prove a scorebook, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Tracking balls, strikes, fouls, outs, and defensive changes
- Pitch count in leagues where applicable
- Position changes for all players in every inning
- Pitching changes
- Tracking movement for base runners
- Batter results
- Notifying the umpire when pitch count is reached (in leagues where applicable)
- Completion of pitching statistics
- Notifying the umpire if minimum play is not met in all leagues and divisions
If the Official Scorebook is improperly kept, you run the risk of forfeiting that game.
For any questions regarding scorekeeping please contact me.